Tuesday, March 27, 2018

    Today is March 27, 2018 and it is snowing like goose down and I have decided to use this spring snowy day to update my blog which has collected dust without mites and spider-less cob webs because I have let it go dormant since sometime in 2015, AGAIN!   I tend to procrastinate like humans do, especially when it comes to anything technology related.   Not only am I human, I am an older one, retired from 37 years of working mostly in an orthopaedic clinic and emergency tending to people and their injuries.  So far my blog has been about my art and not so much about me and what goes on between the brush strokes.  These days, I am doing something different with my life.

     I am working on a book of short stories because I am a writer of sorts, poems and articles and I have won three editorial awards and I come from a family of writers and artists.  I am also working as time and money allow, to build an artist retreat off the North shore of a beautiful place called Haida Gwaii.  This is my real work and my labour of love, my art and writing and my retreat on that magical island.

    I am an early morning person, especially when the days are longer and I can listen to the birds sing their best songs in the morning hours.  This is when I weed my garden, before the day gets too hot and before my body threatens to keel over from the heat.  My creativity also sparks a rise in my soul in the early morning and I love to be outside and paint something that inspires me.  When my creative side overflows just like my garden then I want to share it, just like my garden, with other creatively inspired people.  This is who I am and what I want to do.......share my art and myself to connect with you, my friends and fellow artists and art lovers.

   

No comments: